Dear Uuni community,
Today we are (ever so slightly!) changing the spelling of our name.
We are now Ooni.
From our humble beginnings in 2012 – when the idea of making the world’s first portable pellet pizza oven was made possible by 142 Kickstarter supporters – we’ve now grown to a team of 30 people with a truly global reach. It is you, our awesome community, who have allowed Ooni to become what it is today.
As we grew, our name had a couple of challenges. A lot of people couldn’t pronounce or spell it! Sometimes it would get autocorrected to ‘Unni’. Or people would pronounce it ‘you-nee’, or spell it as ‘Uni’ and Google would offer them suggestions on where to go to university. We’re all for education, but that wasn’t really our goal...
So we decided it was time to make a change: let’s not change our name, only the way it’s spelled!
What does this mean in practice?
- Our website is now ooni.com
- Our email addresses have changed to @ooni.com
- Our Twitter account has changed to @OoniHQ, and our hashtags are #ooni and #oonified. Our Instagram account will soon change to @OoniHQ, too.
- Our Facebook page and YouTube channel have been renamed to Ooni, and Facebook group is now Ooni Community
What will happen with products?
- Nothing changes immediately! You still get the same Uuni Pro, Uuni 3 and our range of accessories. Same great performance, design and price!
- Over time, we will gradually rebrand products, but this won’t happen immediately.
- In future, any new products will be launched as Ooni
Ooni is still pronounced the same as it always was - ‘oo-nee’. Our new phonetic spelling makes this clear, and it’s up to you if you want to adopt a little Finnish accent! Listen to my pronunciation below.
We’d love help from you, the Ooni Community, in educating people about this change so the transition happens as smoothly as possible. When you see the old name tagged on social platforms, just comment below with #ooni and @oonihq. And, of course, keep on recommending Ooni products to your friends!
As always, we’re grateful for the passion and support we receive from our customers around the world. You are our ultimate and most trusted mouthpiece, and we are still humbled every day by the phenomenal word of mouth support you give us!
We have seen some serious ‘oooh’ in your Ooni dishes over the years. Amazing, world class food that is absolutely 100% bang in line with our purpose here at Ooni - connecting people through exceptional food experiences! Let’s keep that going. Please keep on sharing your ideas, recipes and photos with us and with the wider Ooni Commoonity ;)
Check out this link if you have more questions about the new spelling of our name.
Thank you again for your support of Ooni,
Founder & CEO of Ooni