Spanish Prawn Skewers in Wood Fired Ooni
12 Large Raw Prawns (heads and shell removed but leave the tails on)
2 Cloves of Garlic minced
1 tsp Smoked Paprika
30ml Olive Oil
Zest and Juice of 1 Lemon
1 tsp of Sea Salt
Wedge of Lemon to Serve
1. Make the marinade by combining all of the ingredients except for the Spanish Prawn Skewers and whisk.
2. Add the Prawns and Marinade for about an hour.
3. Fire up the Ooni
4. Put your cast iron pan in to warm up.
5. Thread the Prawns onto your Skewers (if using bamboo skewers soak them in water first).
6. When the Cast Iron is smoking hot move it to the front of the Ooni and add the Prawns with the handles hanging out the front of the Ooni so you can rotate the prawns during the cook. The prawns will take about 3-4 minutes to cook but baste them with the remaining marinade halfway through the cook.
7. Once the Prawns are completely opaque they are cooked.
8. Take them out of the Ooni and serve the Spanish Prawn Skewers immediately with a wedge of Lemon.
STAY TUNED FOR MORE OF OUR FAVOURITE BBQ RECIPES.
Trying out this recipe? Don’t forget to see our other recipes and to share a photo!
Looking for more Ooni inspiration? Join the OONI COMMUNITY Facebook group for sharing tips and recipes.