It’s Ooni Day on September 21st!
Ooni Day is almost here! Be sure to register your pizza party event (if you haven’t, sign up to host an Ooni Day party now and you’ll receive an exclusive discount code), then get your friends and family ‘round for jaw-droppingly fantastic pizza this Saturday… So, what’s next?! Cook a tonne of pizza, of course!
Here are our top ten tips for setting your pizza party on fire.
- Just dough it - think about how many folks are coming over and prep at least 1 dough ball per person. (We usually do more because once that Ooni is fired up..extra people just seem to appear- huh? Must be magic.
- Preparation station - create your perfect sauce, marinate those mushrooms, get your mozz in bowls and slice any whole ingredients ahead of time. Having all your toppings ready to go will help your party flow and guests can dive in and make their own pizza creations.
- Is Pepperoni Mexican? – craft our signature pepperoni sombreros for the ultimate meaty topping. (No, it’s not Mexican. Rest assured these little pizza hats are SO HOT this season.)
- Get real with more than one peel - we recommend getting two pizza peels or more that way you can be setting up one pizza while rotating the other in your oven, keeping your cooking process slick and your Ooni Day friends well fed.
- Launch like a pro – to avoid your dough from sticking to the peel while shaping and topping, lift up the edge and lightly blow some air under the base. We call this the ‘Hovercraft’ method. It’s pretty fun.
- A reason for extra season(ing) – make launching even easier by dusting your pizza peel with salt and pepper after flouring it. This helps with sliding it off the peel, and adds a bit of extra texture and flavor. Winning!
- Get into the fold – if your pizza gets a bit thin in the middle and a hole appears, never fear! Fold your pizza base over to create a calzone. Play it cool like you meant it all along.
- A pizza paradise - Sweet pizzas are a thing- and they’re great. Chocolate, honey, fruit…top with some ice cream for guaranteed party love.
- Sharing is caring - Ooni Day is all about creating awesome pizza, perfect for sharing. Cooking with Ooni is a super collaborative experience, so ask your guests to share the making, slicing and as well as eating the pizzas of course. (Oh and whilst we’re sharing- please share your images with rest of the Ooniverse by tagging #OoniDay & #oonified.
- Just chill (yourself and some beers) - Ooni pizza = good times. Relax and enjoy it.
Remember, participating in Ooni Day means the chance to win $500 to spend on ooni.com for yourself and $1000 to donate to a charity close to your heart! Register your pizza party now and read up on all the competition details.
YAY for #OoniDay! We can’t wait to see what you cook and share 🍕