Also known as the SEAFOOD pizza, Frutti Di Mare pizza is just perfect on a night when you don’t feel like having pasta.
A number of seafood ingredients in fresh, frozen or canned forms may be used on seafood pizza. Some of them are salmon, tuna, anchovy, shellfish, clams, scallops, mussels, shrimp, squid, lobster and scungilli (sea snail). For our pizza, we’ve used prawns, mussels & calamari.
If you are in a position to choose always use fresh ingredients over the frozen or canned ones.
You may have spotted this beauty on the Ooni.net homepage. Simple and tasty; the hardest part of this recipe is trying to pronounce the name!
Frutti Di Mare Pizza Ingredients
- 160g dough
- Olive oil, to drizzle
- Mixed seafood, precooked
(we’ve used prawns, mussels & calamari
- Parsley & chives, to top
- Wedge of lemon, to serve
Frutti Di Mare Pizza Preparation
1. Insert pizza stone & preheat Uuni for 10-15 minutes.
2. Prep dough (check out our stretching and shaping pizza dough video here!) and add a drizzle of oil to cover the base (no pizza sauce needed!)
4. Begin to layer mozzarella and seafood mix, topping with a sprinkle of capers.
5. Cook in Uuni wood-fired oven, rotating every 10 to 15 seconds for a perfectly cooked base.
6. Once cooked, top with a little parsley and chives and serve with a wedge of lemon.
Frutti Di Mare pizza can be served without mozzarella if you want to emphasize the flavor of the seafood.
Bring out, cut into wedges and serve hot, perhaps accompanied by an excellent dry white wine.
Trying out this recipe? Don’t forget to see our other recipes and to share a photo!
Looking for more Ooni inspiration? Join the OONI COMMUNITY Facebook group for sharing tips and recipes.