Uunified Fish Finger Sandwich with Jalapeno Tartar Sauce
You can’t beat a fish finger sandwich! In fact, back in February Birds Eye searched for the UK’s most innovative and attention-grabbing fish finger sandwich creation, I wish I had been around at the time as this recipe is a real winner!
400g Cod Loin
Juice of Half a Lemon
1 tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp Smoked Paprika
1 tsp Italian Mixed Herbs
½ tsp Garlic Powder
Salt & Pepper
½ tsp Yeast
150g White Bread Flour
150g Wholemeal Bread Flour
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Salt
5 tbsp Mayonnaise
2 tsp Chopped Capers
4 tsp Chopped Gherkins
2 tsp Chopped Jalapenos
1 tsp Cider Vinegar
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- First we will make the dough for the bread and allow it to prove. Put all your dry ingredients in a bowl then add the wet ones and knead into a dough.
- Separate the dough into 10 to 12 small balls and leave them to prove in a warm place for at least 2 hours for best results.
- Next make your tartar sauce by combining all of the ingredients in a small bowl and set aside ready for later.
- Mix together the garam masala, paprika, mixed herbs, garlic powder, salt & pepper. This is your rub/seasoning.
- Cut your fish into the desired fish finger size, I think just under an inch wide is best.
- Squeeze the lemon juice all over the fish and then sprinkle the rub mixture over the top.
- Get your Uuni up to a high temperature ready to make your breads.
- Hand stretch you bread to be about 3 to 4 inches long and an inch and a half wide.
- When your Uuni is up to temperature cook you breads in batches, maybe 3 at a time turning each one after around 15 seconds.
- Once you have made all your breads put a cast iron sizzler pan with a small amount of oil in to heat up.
- Using a heat proof glove or tongs remove the cast iron pan from the Uuni and place 3 or 4 fish fingers in the pan and return to the Uuni for around 1 minute.
- Once your fish is cooked slice open your breads add a little tartar sauce and a fish finger.
STAY TUNED FOR MORE OF OUR FAVOURITE BBQ RECIPES.
We’ll be posting new recipes every day during BBQ Week, including recipes from our community pros: Country Wood Smoke, United Q BBQ, BBQ Forte, Butter Wouldn’t Melt & The Sexy Vegan!
Looking for more Uuni inspiration?
Join the UUNI COMMUNITY Facebook group
for sharing tips and recipes.