This morning BBC Breakfast were alternating between today’s two top stories: 1. The Scottish Independence Referendum. 2. This year’s abundant blackberry season. Both are big news indeed. For this post we are concentrating on the second story as it’s got more predictable results. Blackberry Bites with Halloumi Cheese. What’s not to love?
We have been doing lots of experimenting with new ideas and recipes to go in the Uuni. Wood-firing gives a beautiful flavour and colour to a vast range of food. Then it struck me: what’s wrong with me? I’ve wasted so much time. Why have I never Uuni’d some halloumi!?
As we’re big fans of seasonal fayre we thought it’d be great to team said abundant zingy blackberries – with salty, melty halloumi. We were not wrong.
Blackberry Bites Ingredients
- 1 pack of Halloumi cheese
- 100g blackberries from your local bush (or shop!)
- Fire up the Uuni
- Slice halloumi
- Pop halloumi and blackberries in a small baking tray.
- Bake in the Uuni for approximately 3-4 minutes or until cheese is blackening.
- This delightful duo can be served on crackers as a starter, as an hors d’oeuvre on bread or thrown on some leaves for a wonderful salad.
Trying out this recipe? Don’t forget to see our other recipes and to share a photo!
Looking for more Ooni inspiration? Join the OONI COMMUNITY Facebook group for sharing tips and recipes.
Subscribe to our mailing list
The post Blackberry Bites with Halloumi Cheese [Wood-fired] appeared first on Uuni Blog.